Olin's Personal Pages
Hi! I'm Olin.
Make yourself at home.
Kick off your shoes and let me show you around the place.
First, to tell you a little about myself, I am retired after 30 some years as a medical technologist, and still keep myself occupied
with more hobbies than I can manage.
- Working on my house in the wilderness.
- Exotic houseplants: orchids, bromeliads, cycads, carnivorous plants, and other oddities I can relate to.
- Outdoor and nature activities, hiking, camping, nature photography.
- Seeking native orchids to photograph.
- Genealogical research, documentation, collecting stories and photos.
- Photographic history and photo restoration.
- Travel, particularly to exotic tropical places.
- Any conceivable combination of the above.
- And occasionally updating this site, after more than 10 years on the web.
- Of course I spend evening hours and sleepless nights hunched over this stupid computer. Now that I am living in the wilderness, you can't imagine how much I miss cable internet. After upgrading to satellite it no longer takes hours to download files via dialup. Now I can download in seconds, but often have to wait hours (or days) for the weather to clear so I can gain access at all. Satellite isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's a toss-up.
Photos and contents © 2008, by Olin Karch.
Previewed with Mozilla Firefox.